Hey everyone! Arihead here from Electronic First, and in this Elden Ring video, I’m going to show you how you can easily farm runes early game. Before we begin though, be sure to check out our website. At Electronic First, we give you the best games at the best prices, including Elden Ring! So, if you don’t have Elden Ring yet, what are you waiting for?
|Release Date||February 25, 2022|
|Platforms||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows|
Elden Ring, the highly anticipated action RPG from FromSoftware and Bandai Namco, is set to release in 2022. As with any RPG, building up your character’s abilities and equipment is crucial to success, and runes are one of the most important aspects of character development in Elden Ring. Runes provide various benefits, such as increasing your health, stamina, and damage output, or granting special abilities like increased resistance to status effects or improved spellcasting.
In the early stages of the game, players will be limited in terms of the runes they have access to, but there are various early game rune farming methods that can help you start building up your collection. One of the most common methods is exploring the game world and looting chests and other hidden areas. By doing so, players may find runes or materials that can be used to craft runes.
Another method is defeating enemies, as some enemies will drop runes when defeated. By defeating enemies, players can not only collect runes, but also gain experience and level up their character, which can further enhance their abilities. Additionally, completing quests and missions can also provide runes as a reward.
Overall, by utilizing these early game rune farming methods, players can start building up their collection and enhancing their character’s abilities in Elden Ring’s early stages, setting them up for success later in the game.
Now I’m actually covering two farming routes in this video. One that can help you get started, and another one that lets you rack up a hefty amount of runes, assuming you’ve already defeated Godrick.
- So, for the first route, we’ll start by going to the Third Church of Marika, which can easily be accessed from the Church of Elleh’s Site of Grace.
- Once you arrive, interact with the site of grace and get the tear below the statue.
- Then, make your way northeast toward a teleporter.
- Use it and you’ll be sent to Dragonbarrow, north of Caelid. Be wary of the boss in front of you as you head Southeast.
- You’ll soon see a bridge and a site of grace. Interact with the Site of Grace and cross the bridge while carefully avoiding the dragon’s attacks.
- I should probably take my own advice…
- Head toward the tower Northeast
- It just had to be a rainy day, so I lost my way for a bit. When you see the tower, Carefully descend from the cliff by jumping to one of the narrow surfaces below. I’m not sure if jumping straight to the floor will hurt you, but this just seemed to be the safer option.
- Interact with the Site of Grace and go West. You’ll soon see a ball appear out of nowhere. Lead it towards the cliff and dodge the ball by jumping away and double jumping back with Torrent.
- You’ll get experience with this and you can even teleport back to the Site of Grace to do it again.
- Dimounting Torrent without holding the control stick gives you a lot of Invincibility frames. You can easily take full advantage of this in the Lenne’s Rise farming route.
- There’s actually another ball ahead, so you can farm that too, using the same dismounting strategy. There’s actually another ball ahead, so you can farm that too, using the same dismounting strategy. While you’re there, you may as well also unlock the site of grace in the cave and further ahead.
- To get even more experience, you should get the Golden Scarab Talisman, which can be found in the Abandoned Cave, situated in Caelid. This will increase your Rune intake by 20%.
- But, before we delve into the Abandoned Cave, let’s first go to the Warmaster’s Shack, which sells the Quick Step Ash of War. This Ash of War will be extremely useful in the next part. Buy it and equip Quick Step to your right hand weapon, then go to the Dragonbarrow Fork Site of Grace, west to the Abandoned Cave.
- Go Southwest while avoiding the dragons
- Finally, you’ll see a valley. Go to the other side of the valley and look for a tree branch down below. This will let you enter the Abandoned Cave.
- Interact with the Site of Grace and use whatever runes you may have to level up. You might die in this part. Also, make sure you’re using the Quick Step Ash of War. Then, jump down and spam Quick Step to safely pass through the pool of Scarlet Rot.
- Go straight for the boss and avoid as many enemies as you can.
- Make sure you get this bow. We’ll need it for later.
- After finally defeating them, you’ll get the Gold Scarab Talisman.
- Let’s try it out, shall we?
- Oops! You saw nothing guys! That’s a lot more, huh.
- While you’re here, you may as well get the Bloodhound Step Ash of War too. From the Lenne’s Rise Site of Grace, go to the bridge at night time and you’ll find a Night Cavalry. Mount Torrent and move towards him without sprinting as you make your way up. You can sprint whenever he gets too close, but don’t stray too far away from him, or this won’t work. If you do this properly, the boss will randomly vanish and you’ll be rewarded with 42000 Runes and the Bloodhound Step Ash of War.
- Now, for Route 2, go to the Temple Quarter Site of Grace in Liurnia and head Southeast to the Rose Church. Keep in mind that you’ll have to defeat Godrick in order to farm in the next route.
- Oh, and don’t forget to kill the scarab for the Bloodflame Blade Ash of War.
- Inside, you’ll find the Nomadic Warriors Cookbook and an enemy type you probably haven’t seen before. Defeat the enemy and go to the entrance of the Church.
- Talk to White Faced Varre and select the first option to start a new questline.
- Talk to him again and you’ll receive 5 Festering Bloody Fingers. This item lets you invade other worlds. We’re gonna have to invade 3 times to progress into the next part. It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose.
- You probably won’t find players here, so I recommend using the item finger at the Lenne’s Rise Site of Grace, where a lot of players seem to be playing together.
- When invading, always make use of your surroundings.
- Nice assist man!
- Okay, let’s invade again.
- Let’s see if this works.
- Over here! Come get me!
- They fell right into my trap! What did I say about using your surroundings?
- Okay, just one more time!
- Uhhh… what?
- This is weird. They must be inside the building.
- Hit me! Come on, let’s fight!
- So, this is how you wanna play, huh?
- There you are!
- That was a close call!
- Now that that’s done, let’s talk to Varre again.
- Chill, man!
- Now, where were we?
- Let this totally not creepy guy anoint you. But first, he’ll need the blood of a Finger Maiden. There are many ways you can go about doing this, but the easiest method is probably through the corpse in the Church of Inhibition.
- To get there, go to the Eastern Tableland Site of Grace and head northeast to the Black Knife Catacombs.
- Ignore this guy and interact with the Site of Grace.
- Now go southwest until you find this rock formation. Climb it like so and head North West. Also, there was originally an invader and an inescapable madness spell around this area, but I’ve already dealt with it. Be mindful of this as you make your way to the next Site of Grace.
- Onward, you will find the Frenzied Flame Village. Continue northwest to the Church of Inhibition.
- Torrent, can you please stop turning invisible?
- Interact with the site of grace and get the sacred tear, then dye the cloth with the maiden’s blood.
- Now, let’s talk to Varre again.
- Give him your finger. Then… this happens.
- Is that supposed to be a compliment?
- Talk to him again to receive the Pureblood Knight’s Medal, which lets you teleport to a new location.
- But before we go there, let’s buy some arrows first.
- I already have a lot of arrows, so I’ll be skipping this part.
- Use the Pureblood Knight’s Medal to teleport to the new location.
- First, cross the stairs and unlock the map and site of grace.
- Now, this part is completely optional, but there’s some rare endgame stuff hidden inside the temple-looking structure. You can loot the place before we move on to the rune farming route.
- The merchant here sells 5 Stonesword keys, so you might wanna keep this in mind.
- Now go back to where you came from.
- If you go the wrong way and get invaded by the Nameless White Mask, don’t worry. Just go back and cross the mountain path.
- Interact with the Site of Grace and wait for the invader to appear. Stay right where you are, because we’re gonna throw this guy off the cliff! Just be wary of the enemy Albinaurics.
- Now, this is where the farming begins! If you have a strong area of effect attack, you can kill loads of these guys, and they give over 2000 runes each with the Gold Scarab Talisman. However, as you can see, I don’t, and I suppose most of you don’t either.
- Too slow? Let’s put that Serpent Bow we got back in the Abandoned Cave to good use!
- And while we’re at it, why not strip naked too? You’ll move faster this way. You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
- Now, there’s a bird creature west of here. We’re gonna shoot it. When he moves near that tree, shoot it with an arrow at this spot. Do this correctly and it will fall to its death. I guess the poor bird can’t fly, huh? Use the site of grace to make the bird spawn again and again. Each one gives you over 13000 runes, so this is an easy and incredible way to farm.
And there you have it! These are the 2 early game rune farming methods I use. Elden Ring’s early game rune farming methods provide players with a variety of options to start building up their rune collection and enhancing their character’s abilities. By exploring the game world, defeating enemies, and completing quests, players can collect runes and materials that can be used to craft new runes or upgrade existing ones. These early game rune farming methods are essential to success later in the game, as runes provide various benefits that can greatly improve your character’s performance. If you found this guide helpful, let us know in the comment section below. And don’t forget to like, subscribe and hit the notification bell so you never miss a video.
If you’re looking forward to experiencing the thrill of Elden Ring’s world and its exciting gameplay, then be sure to check out Electronic First. Electronic First is a reputable online retailer that offers discounted video game keys, including Elden Ring. By purchasing from Electronic First, you can save money and get instant access to the game when it releases. Additionally, be sure to check out the Electronic First blog, which features informative articles and reviews on the latest games, gaming accessories, and much more.
So what are you waiting for? Start exploring the world of Elden Ring and use these early game rune farming methods to give yourself an edge in the game. Purchase the game from Electronic First and stay up-to-date with the latest gaming news and trends by checking out the Electronic First blog. Happy gaming!
Also if you’re interested in earning with Electronic First as soon as today, check out our affiliate program. You can share your link with friends, family or anyone. Sign up today to reap the rewards!