The August 2021 lineup for Free PlayStation Plus (PS Plus) games is looking very promising! August’s games will be available for subscribers to download or add to their library from August 3rd to September 6th, 2021. Although the games on this month’s list are very similar to the ones released in May 2021 that fell flat amongst many core gamers, this month’s titles still offer a ton of value to a diverse group of gamers. Without further ado, here are this month’s free games on PS Plus!
Hunter’s Arena: Legends | PS4, PS5
Hunter’s Arena: Legends was first revealed as a PS Plus title during Sony’s most recent State of Play broadcast. This brand new, 30 player PvP & PvE combat-based battle royale is free this month on PS5 and PS4! It’s melee format is set in an ancient age in which humanity battles each other as well as a growing legion of demons that have been unleashed upon the world. In this vicious frontier, you’ll face threats on two fronts. Players go head first into high-risk, high-reward dungeons to encounter demonic foes.
The full features of the Hunter’s Arena: Legends are as follows:
- Five new warriors – Momo, Dalgi, Wu Kong, Pigsy, and Sandy – will be added to a total roster of 17 Hunters that players can enjoy, test, and craft their own strategies with.
- Smaller map for tighter gameplay – Listening to user feedback, the map has now been shrunk and the number of players has been decreased for more dynamic gameplay and easier navigation. Fast travel options have also been added.
- Overhauled combat system – To give players more options, Quickstep has been added to the game. It’s a risky move that can turn the tide of the battle, but using it makes players more vulnerable to enemy’s projectiles.
- New arena, crossplay, and more – There’s a new arena coming, as well various optimizations that allow for cross-play between PС and PlayStation. The game’s PC performance has been further improved.
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville | PS4
With roots as an early smart phone gaming phenomenon, PopCap Games’ endearingly unique tower defense franchise Plants vs. Zombies has been capturing the hearts and minds of gamers for well over a decade. Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville takes the foundation of the Garden Warfare series and expands upon it with 9 new customizable gameplay classes (23 total).
No longer is Plants vs. Zombies just about competitive multiplayer. There’s now a wide variety of co-op activities for friends to play through. Whether you’re a fan of Garden Warfare, or new to the Plants vs Zombies series, there’s something for everyone in Battle for Neighborville.
The key features of Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville are below:
- Customize Every Character for Battle – Join the newest bloom in the age-old battle between plants and zombies with 20 fully customizable classes at launch, including a Team Play class for each faction. Bring the unique abilities of each character class to 6 PvP modes – including the new Battle Arena – and experience the unbeleafable thrills of combat.
- Venture to the Outer Edges of Neighborville – The tension across the terra has expanded with 3 free-roam regions and one PvE mode that extend beyond the town of Neighborville. Squad up with up to 3 friends in the Giddy Park social region and take back Weirding Woods, Mount Steep and Neighborville Town Centre. It’s grow time!
- Play with Your Favorite People in Every Mode – Connect with up to 3 players and battle through flourishing free-roam regions, or jump into the fray with up to 24 players in online multiplayer across a gigantic suburban skirmish.
Tennis World Tour 2 | PS4
Tennis games tend to be a lot of fun, but even the best ones struggle to capture the intricacy of the sport. Tennis World Tour 2, a much-improved sequel from the developer of this year’s AO Tennis 2, captures the flow of the sport better than ever before. Tennis World Tour 2 is just about the best tennis game on current PlayStation consoles; although to say that there’s any competition would be a lie.
Check out the key features Tennis World Tour 2:
- Highly anticipated new features: the ability to play doubles matches with up to 4 players locally and online, a competitive mode, an improved serve system and a new shot timing mechanic
- More realistic: more animations create smoother gameplay
- Multiple game modes: Career, Quick Match, Online, Tournament, Ranked Match and Tie Break Tens – there’s a format to suit every player
- Several official courts: The Estadio Manolo Santana of the Mutua Madrid Open, the OWL ARENA of Halle or the 3 courts of Roland-Garros: Philippe-Chatrier, Suzanne-Lenglen and Simonne-Mathieu.
Where to Get Your Discounted PS Plus Membership
If you want to play any of these Free games this month, you’ll need a PS Plus subscription. To purchase a PS Plus Membership at a big discount, head over to Electronic First now!
PlayStation Plus Memberships for US users (3 month or 12 month)
PlayStation Plus Memberships for UK users (1 month, 90 days or 12 month)
What do you think of August’s PS Plus games? Let us know!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media to get updated on all of our latest promos and product features!