Xbox just released their Free Games with Gold lineup for September 2021! This is your chance to get your hands on titles that will give you hours upon hours of gaming delight. For September, Xbox decided to detract from their usual wide variety of game genres to instead offer gamers the opportunity to try 4 games from similar backgrounds that offer tremendously high replay value. Check them out for yourself!
Warhammer: Chaosbane: Available September 1 to 30 | Xbox One/Xbox Series X
This action-RPG has it where it counts, with fun classes, great boss fights, and much more! The moment-to-moment combat in Chaosbane is some of the best I’ve gotten my bloodstained hands on in recent times. Moving, slashing, casting spells, and leaping through hordes of cultists to fire off a barrage of arrows all feels precise and impactful on the Xbox One!
Check out the other exciting features of the Warhammer: Chaosbane below:
- THE FIRST HACK AND SLASH set in the Warhammer Fantasy world, told through an all-new story written by Mike Lee (a Black Library author) and featuring a soundtrack composed by Chance Thomas.
- FEROCIOUS BATTLES: from the sewers of Nuln to the ruined streets of Praag, fight your way through monster hordes using over 180 different powers. Activate your bloodlust, a devastating skill, to escape the most perilous situations.
- 5 CHARACTER CLASSES, each with unique skills and customisation: a soldier of the Empire who can take heavy damage, a Dwarf specialised in melee combat, a High Elf who deals ranged damage by manipulating magic, a Wood Elf who lays deadly traps and wields the bow like no other, or a versatile Dwarf Engineer who can blow off steam, literally!
- AN XXL BESTIARY with over 70 monsters aligned with the Chaos Gods and unique bosses. Battle Nurgle’s minions, Khorne’s spawn and waves of other vile creatures!
- OPTIMIZED FOR CO-OP: solo or with up to 4 players, local or online, the class synergy and interface have been designed for co-op. Combine different skills and powers to create even more devastating effects.
All in all, Warhammer: Chaosbane can stand proudly alongside some of the best games that have used the foreboding, Gothic Old World as a setting. Action RPGs like this live and die based on fun combat and well-designed classes, and developer Eko Software really hit it out of the park on both of those counts.
Mulaka: Available September 16 to October 15 | Xbox One/Xbox Series X
Mulaka is the second Xbox One game on September’s Xbox Games with Gold lineup; a great Zelda type game that has excellent value! The gameplay is good fun with an excellent mixture of puzzle, exploration, and combat. It’s not a game designed with mass appeal, and yet because it’s ultimately so authentic, so intimate, and so beautifully personal, it’s easy to appreciate. For most players, Mulaka will be a familiar gameplay experience structured around something wholly new and enriching in every other way.
The key features of Mulaka are as follows:
- Become the legend: Harness the renowned athletic talents of the Tarahumara as you engage in fast-paced platforming and hand-to-hand combat.
- Explore Sierra Tarahumara: Traverse a 3D world inspired by the legendary, real-life landscapes of northern Mexico, rendered in a vibrant, low-poly visual style.
- Based on real mythology: Draw upon the powers of demigods and battle fearsome creatures pulled from the rich lore of the Tarahumara people.
- Live the culture: From narration in their indigenous language, to music unique to the region, experience an authentic representation of Tarahumara culture.
- Mix up your gameplay: Leverage the Tarahumara’s physical prowess, demigod transformations, puzzle-solving and the crafting of magic potions as you save humanity from the corruption plaguing it.
Zone of the Enders HD Collection: Available September 1 to 15 | Xbox 360
The first of two Xbox 360 games to be offered for free in the first half of September is Zone of the Enders HD Collection. Beneath its anime-infused veneer, the Zone of the Enders series features thrilling midair combat, carried by tight controls and a surprisingly adept dynamic camera system. This game gives you the thrill of pulling out insane combos with your sword, backing off to fire a few shots, boosting to the side to launch some rockets, and finishing it all off with a final strike. All in beautiful HD now, to boot. If you’re an old fan, dedicated fan, or a would-be brand new fan of the series, Zone of the Enders HD Collection is easily worth your time.
The key features of Zone of the Enders HD Collection are as follows:
- High speed robot action Experience thrilling high-flying robot combat unlike anything you’ve felt before. Grab enemies, unleash a whirlwind of blade strikes up close, and fire off guns from a distance, all while spiraling freely in the open air
- All new opening animations Partnering once again with legendary animation house Sunrise (Gundam, Z.O.E Dolores,i), Zone of the Enders HD Collection includes a brand new opening animation, as well as re-renders of the original opening animations for ZOE 1 and ZOE 2
- Achievement and Trophy support Show off your accomplishments
- Includes demo for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Get a first look at the slashtacular demo for the next Kojima Productions release
Samurai Shodown II: Available September 16 to 31 | Xbox 360
The classic fighting game Samurai Shodown II comes to Xbox Games with Gold this month for Xbox 360 in all its action-packed glory! Samurai Shodown II improves on the original title with an expanded cast and additions to the gameplay that add to the fighting experience without over-complicating things. Complimenting the action is the wonderful presentation, with detailed and varied environments fought in. Do your best to avoid getting hit and the new weapon-breaking moves or you’ll a bit foolish if you get defeated by an unarmed opponent.
Here’s what to expect when playing Samurai Shodown II:
- Classic fighting action: Widely considered as one of SNK’s greatest games, Samurai Shodown II on Xbox LIVE Arcade brings you all the great action of the original in a next-gen format.
- New fighting techniques: Learn to parry, roll, duck, and hop.
- Multiple characters: 16 unique playable characters are included. Choose your favorite!
Where to Get Your Discounted Xbox Live Gold Membership
If you want to play any of these Free games this month, you’ll need a Xbox Live Gold membership. To purchase a Xbox Live Gold Membership (1, 3, 6 or 12 months) at a big discount, head over to Electronic First now!
What do you think of September’s free Xbox Games with Gold games? Let us know!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media to get updated on all of our latest promos and product features!