Table of Contents
These Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer best tips and strategies are meant for new gamers and those who want to improve on their abilities.
|November 8, 2011
|Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software
|PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Microsoft Windows, Classic Mac OS
Whether you’re new to Call of Duty or returning to the series after a lengthy break, these Modern Warfare 3 tips might help you start honing your gaming skills and point out some useful elements from the recently released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. These Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer tips and strategies are meant for new gamers and those who want to improve on their foundational abilities.
Developed by Infinity Ward, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the eighth major Call of Duty game. It is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s follow-up and the third and last game in the original Modern Warfare series. November 10, 2023 saw the release of the game on Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: Best tips for beginners
Check the minimap frequently
The red dots on the minimap have returned in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, one of the game’s largest updates. Modern Warfare 2 controversially eliminated this feature. The minimap now shows a red dot for each enemy that fires an unsuppressed weapon, making that area of your screen much more useful.
Develop the habit of always checking your minimap for intelligence. This will enable you to ambush adversaries by ambushing them when they’re recuperating from their last gunfight and reloading. Making decisions about avoiding (or searching for) high-traffic areas may be aided by maps if you understand them, so develop the habit of having one eye fixed to the map.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3- Take a Moment to Modify Your Behavior Settings
The amount of variables that players may tweak to best personalize their shooting experience has evolved dramatically as Call of Duty has matured. Although this used to be mostly relevant to PC gamers, console gamers may also benefit from it.
In particular, there are several intriguing opportunities to modify the gameplay through the Controller menu, such as changing the sprint/tactical sprint behavior, how you climb objects, or how you enter weapon mounting. Many of these decisions ultimately depend on how you play Call of Duty. If you enjoy hiding in corners, that’s great, but if you do, you’ll need something quite different from someone who just wants to learn how to swoop around corners and move as quickly as possible across a map.
To particularly adjust mobility behaviors (ground mantling, door bash, tactical sprint, etc.) and combat behaviors (ADS behavior, weapon mount activation, etc.), you should specifically look at the Gameplay submenu under the Controller menu.
Next, you should go to the Interface menu as well. Here you may change the appearance of your in-game HUD (mini map, crosshair settings, etc.) and activate telemetry (packet loss, latency from servers, clock, and connection meter).
Furthermore, we strongly advise disabling Weapon Motion Blur and World Motion Blur. Although these settings were intended to provide a more cinematic experience, they can ultimately have some pretty serious negative effects on multiplayer gameplay by making it difficult to see your surroundings and your weapon and by making your surroundings extremely blurry.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3- Select Between Scorestreaks and Killstreaks
If you prefer Scorestreaks over Killstreaks, you may switch between the two in the Weapons menu whenever you’re not in a match. To choose between gaining your bonus through kills or earned points, select the Killstreaks menu and then keep an eye out for the button prompt located in the bottom left of the screen. R2 is the PlayStation button.
500 points for 4 kills
625 Points for 5 Kills
875 Points for 7 Kills
1000 Points for 8 Kills
You can get the Mission Control Comlink gear if you achieve level 10. If you wish to unlock things more quickly, this lowers your Kilstreak cost by 1 or your Scorestreak cost by 125.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3- Reaching Daily Objectives
Ground War makes it easier to get over some of the more potentially annoying daily obstacles, like getting kills while holding your breath. More time, more room, and more targets.
Even while you might not be directly assisting with the goal, these bigger game modes will provide you the chance to finish tasks more quickly and improve your abilities or learn something new without the strain that comes with playing multiplayer games all the time.
Armory Unlock Challenges Are a Game Changer
In MW3, a brand-new feature called Armory Unlock Challenges becomes available once you hit level 25. With this approach, you may start challenges right away and earn weapons, gear, perks, streaks, and cosmetics that could normally be limited to being unlocked at a certain weapon level or at the conclusion of a weapon’s progression.
After completing a predetermined number of Daily Challenges—typically two to five—you can unlock Armory Unlock Challenges. Unless you actively start challenges, which is something we strongly advise against doing, armory unlocks will happen in a predetermined order decided by the game. You may queue up to three Armory Unlocks at any given time, and you can simply activate a new challenge to replace the one you’re currently working on. Your previously engaged challenge will now be the second in line if you do this.
Use a headset to play
Quick reflexes can help you succeed, but having good ears will determine whether you’re the one getting caught off guard or the one making the catch. Watching out for adversaries might provide you with more information on denser maps like Skidrow and Favela than depending just on the minimap.
Thus, we advise using a decent headset when playing Modern Warfare 3. Headsets are far more suitable for fiddling with directed sound and listening for specific noises than TV speakers and soundbars. By making the change, you’ll become more conscious of your own noise levels and more adept at outwitting flankers and startling rowdy sprinters.
Tricks to Level Up Faster
These are some of the greatest methods to get experience points in Mass Effect 3 if you want to level up rapidly to unlock new gear and weapons.
- Daily Challenges
There are a few new daily tasks that you may do each day at the same time to gain experience points. You will receive many thousand XP for doing each task, so it will be well worth your effort.
- Limit Your Choice of Game Modes to Only Objective-Based Modes
When choosing your game mode, utilize the Playlist Filter function from the Multiplayer lobby to narrow down the game modes you want to play. If you play to the objective, objective-based game types like Domination, Hardpoint, Control, and Search and Destroy will give you the most experience points.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3- General Tips and Tricks
- The most perilous places are corners. Very good players use a variety of strategies to turn the tables on their opponents. Do you really need to glance around that corner before moving past it or around it, especially in the closing stages of a battle when your side is only a few kills ahead? Almost always, the response is “probably not.”
- Tac-Stance is the ideal compromise between Hip Fire and ADS, as it offers enhanced mobility and handling in exchange for precise accuracy owing to its canted firing posture, which tilts the weapon slightly to the left. Tac-Stance is best suited for close-quarters scenarios because of its slightly increased bullet spread and significantly enhanced ADS speed. It was designed to be employed mostly in aggressive maneuvers. Combat Behaviors under the Gameplay Settings is where you configure your Tac-Stance. Tactical Stance Activation and Tactical Stance Behavior are your adjustment choices.
- Games in the Call of Duty series are renowned for having a fast time to kill. True, in Modern Warfare 3, that is. It is a death sentence to stand still. Keep going, or if you want to slow down a little, at least make sure you’re under cover. Because of this, we advise you to include the strafing movement strategy into your playstyle, particularly while launching attacks on adversaries, as it will increase your chances of dodging incoming bullets. For those who are unfamiliar with the series, strafing may be simply defined as side-to-side walking.
- Slide canceling is now possible again! At this point, you can stop a slide by kneeling or leaping once more. Tactical Sprint is not reset by doing this either. Furthermore, if sliding is a part of your playstyle, MW3 lets you fire your weapon both during and just after a slide.
- Remember to activate the extra XP tokens. The XP Token option, located beneath the Daily Challenges in the multiplayer lobby, is where you may activate them.
- Make careful to keep an eye on your team’s minimap spawn location if you’ve been playing in a Mosh Pit battle for longer than a minute or two. This will assist you in determining the direction of the fight so you can make sure you’re not marching straight into the region just outside the opponent spawn.
- Like most modern first-person shooters, Call of Duty features a ping system. To access the Ping Wheel, press Up on the D-Pad. Alternatively, hit the button once to set a general position marker. Help your squad even when your opponents aren’t assisting you by calling them out without even picking up a microphone.
- You may utilize your death cam to flank foes and locate those annoying campers, so don’t throw it away right away.
- Are you tired of leveling up so slowly and would prefer weapons with more attachments? By hitting R1 when in the Loadout menu during a match, you can utilize the pre-made loadouts instead of the custom classes.
- Remember to employ munitions and ammo bins to replenish not just your weaponry but also your deadly and tactical equipment. At every capturing position in Ground War, there is a large pile of ammunition boxes similar to the one below.
- Having said that, remember to always utilize your tools! There is no benefit to hoarding Lethal, Field, Tactical, and Upgrades as you wait for the right opportunity. Even while matches in MW3 are faster-paced, there’s a considerable possibility you’ll die before you can take advantage of them, thus whatever possibilities you might have had will be lost.
- The MTZ-556 Assault Rifle (which is essentially the default weapon and is actually pretty good), the MCW Assault Rifle, the Riveter Shotgun, the KATT-AMR Sniper Rifle, and the Striker SMG are some of the most popular weapons at launch. It is recommended that you spend time leveling up the weapon that you find most effective in order to unlock attachments that you can add using the Gunsmith feature. Since base weapons cannot be modified, make careful to monitor the Weapon Level of your preferred weapon and make changes when you get access to additional attachments.
- Don’t be scared to equip your weapons with lasers as the most of them won’t reveal your location in the game. Just take careful to make sure it’s invisible to foes by checking the settings before adding one!
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3- Map Specific Tips and Tricks
- On a map like Favela, survival requires constant mobility and awareness of roofs and windows. There are several hiding places that allow experienced players to easily exploit routes that can only be reached by going up stairs and through windows. When memorizing the map, consider staying toward the boundaries and observing the areas where the greatest action occurs.
- Power also comes from understanding how to access the rooftops on Favela. It will be easier for you to glance down through the alleyways than it will be to look up in search of a crouching target. Just watch out for those people who are trying to gain the upper hand.
- Regardless of the mode, severe run and gun is one of the most entertaining ways to play Rust. Equip your preferred SMG (Striker has a good range, for example) and run around the edge of the battlefield, sliding all the time and employing tactical sprint when you’re not fighting anyone directly. To provide some variation, you may also slip beneath the smaller gaps in the center structure by taking early rights or lefts. Savor the mayhem.
- Some common Rust strategies involve one player scaling the central structure in an attempt to snipe, while another player goes prone in an attempt to startle those who are running. Just be prepared for them the following time if the latter manage to grab you.
- Rust is a very tiny map, so things get crazy quickly, especially in Hardpoint mode. Always be prepared to spawn directly in front of an adversary. If you’re not prepared to get right into the action, you might find yourself instantly dead again even if you could catch them off guard.
Also if you’re interested in earning with Electronic First as soon as today, check out our affiliate program. You can share your link with friends, family or anyone. Sign up today to reap the rewards!