|Release Date||February 25, 2023|
|Developer||Square Enix, Acquire|
|Platform||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X and Series S|
The forthcoming role-playing video game Octopath Traveler II was created by Square Enix and Acquire and will be distributed by Square Enix. Although it has a fresh cast of characters and locations different from previous games, it is a sequel to Octopath Traveler (2018) and the third installment in the series following Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent (2020). On February 24, 2023, they will release Octopath Traveler 2 Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5, and; will debut on PlayStation platforms for the first time
The gameplay is typical of a JRPG, much like the original Octopath Traveler. The player controls one of eight different characters, each of whom has a distinct goal for navigating the game world. Each character also has a unique “path action,” which is a specific way for the player to have the corresponding character interact with non-player characters in the game, frequently with the goal of obtaining rewards or characters to fight in support of their cause. The sequel will have new discrete “daytime” and “nighttime” gameplay parts, with varied course actions based on the time of day unlike the previous games.
Octopath Traveler 2 price
Octopath Traveler 2 Standard Edition will be available for $59.99 on February 24, 2023, on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
For $179.99, you can pre-order the Octopath Traveler 2 collector’s edition set. The Octopath Traveler II Standard Edition physical game and the Octopath Traveler II Collector’s Gifts Box are both included in this bundle.
When playing Octopath Traveler 2, there are obvious changes in the amount of time it takes for each platform to load. The PS5 and Steam (PC) versions promise very instantaneous loading. Whereas the Switch version loads in between 2 and 3 seconds. Moreover, the Octopath Traveler 2 PC version offers the highest possible performance. The playable demo of the game is available for free download on the Switch, Steam, PS5, and PS4 so you can try it out before buying it if you own more than one device.
Gamers who wish to play the game for themselves should become familiar with certain tips and tricks. Continue reading to learn more about the Octopath Traveler 2 Tips & Tricks: A Beginner’s Guide, including route actions, break and boost, and more.
Octopath Traveler 2 Tips & Tricks: A Beginner’s Guide
Start with a Character
The game offers eight characters to pick from, and the player must choose one straight away. Although there is no right or wrong character, some characters are just simpler to start with than others depending on your playstyle. Nonetheless, the player ultimately runs into everyone.
It is advised to start with Ochette or Osvald’s Tale because they offer several benefits that will help you get through the game’s early going!
The ability of Ochette to catch monsters is quite beneficial and may broaden your fighting plans because each creature you capture covers a certain weapon type or elemental weakness that can help you win the battle. You can only bring a maximum of 7 monsters, Nevertheless, if you’d rather bring something completely different, you can prepare creatures to turn them into items.
Osvald may steal people’s possessions throughout the night with his Night Path Action and has a support ability that can lessen encounter rates. He is a great option for people who wish to eliminate hordes of enemies right away because he has spells that can attack many targets and a Talent that can spot opponent weaknesses before a conflict even begins.
Understanding Path Action
Each traveler has their own specific abilities known as Path Actions that may be utilized to discover mysteries, locate objects, and more.
- Special Skills Outside Battle
In Octopath Traveler 2, each traveler gets a set of Path Actions that let them communicate with locals and engage in other activities throughout Solistia. It is important to consider all available possibilities because the Route Actions for each passenger vary based on the time of day.
- Used to discover secrets, buy premium goods, and more
Several of Solistia’s hidden mysteries may also be found through Path Actions.By ambushing and slipping past, you can unlock passageways that a powerful enemy has blocked. It’s also possible to locate products that aren’t often offered in stores or even to steal them from locals.
- Path Behavior Variates with Time of Day
Depending on the time of day, each traveler has a distinct Path Action. You may now fast switch between day and night time as a new tool to assist with this new mechanism. Find out when each Path Action should be employed by trying it out!
- Day and Night Cycle
Day and night cycle mechanics are present in Octopath Traveler 2 that were absent from the first game. Discover how to alter the time of day and its consequences on the game!
- To change the time, press ZR or R2.
By pressing the ZR (Switch) button or the R2 button(PS), players may alternate between day and night. You may alter your Path Actions according to the time of day with this new feature, which gives you more options for interacting with your surroundings.
- Implications of Day and Night Cycle
Each traveler has their own specific abilities known as Path Actions that may be utilized to discover mysteries, locate objects, and more. The hour of day affects each traveler’s Route Action differently.
- More powerful enemy spawn
Stronger creatures emerge at night, which is advantageous if you want to grind to strengthen your team.
Moving Through Water
In Octopath Traveler 2, a brand-new function called boat riding is accessible. To cross rivers or sail the sea to go to every part of the world, you can board canoes or boats by traveling to the docks located nearby.
- You may explore new locations that are inaccessible on foot, where you can find secret treasure, chests, or even side stories, by using boats or the canoe.
How to Travel Quickly
By picking the World Map option and a town you’ve already been to on the main menu, you can bypass traveling to towns. Only cities or towns that you have already been to can be reached quickly. This being said, bear in mind that you cannot fast travel to any other location that isn’t a town, such as dungeons, caverns, or towns you haven’t been to yet.
When is Fast Travel Available?
When Will Rapid Travel Be Available?
After finishing Chapter 1, the player can visit another town and use Fast Travel for the majority of the characters. Osvald, unlike other characters, will have access to Quick Travel once he travels to a different town after finishing Chapter 2 of his story.
What can you do in Taverns
The Tavern is a place in Octopath Traveler 2 that may be found in several towns.
- Alter Party Lineup – The player can rearrange the composition of their member setup.
- Manage Equipment – This feature enables the player to switch out their armor and weapons.
- Hear a Tale: If the player decides without continuing the traveler’s journey right away after arriving in a town, this option becomes accessible. When they’re ready to go on, the player can use Hear a Story to carry on a character’s narrative.
- Repair Reputation: By paying a set sum of money to the tavern keeper to promote positive reputation about you, the player can restore their character’s reputation in a town. Each town has a distinct price range.
In the realm of Solistia, taverns may be found in all the towns. Players may control their party composition, equipment, reputation restoration, and other things here.
Radar Icons and What They Mean
Radar Symbols and Their Meanings
List of Radar Icons
- Objection Marker- If the player is too far away, they should continue until they reach the destination marker, at which point the entry icon will become green.
- Side Story- An icon that shows where a side narrative should begin.
- Save Point- A location to save your progress is shown by an icon.
- Hidden Item- An icon that shows where a concealed object may be found.
- Other- Exits to nearby neighborhoods.
How to Make Money Quickly
Players in Octopath Traveler 2 have the option of purchasing goods including gear, weapons, armor, and accessories via farming money or Leaves.
- Supporting Skill Equip Grows on Trees
Partitio’s primary occupation, Merchant, has a Support Skill called Grows on Trees that, if an enemy is defeated, will produce more leaves. After learning 4 Job Skills, this talent can be unlocked. Despite being equipped on many characters, keep in mind that this talent does not have a bonus effect.
- Use the Job Skill Collect
You may extract leaves from enemies in Partitio by using the job skill Collect. Using JP will enable this ability. Keep in mind that using Collect on an enemy that has low health increases the likelihood of success, and that after they have been gathered, they will be left without anything if you use Collect on them again.
- Finish Side Stories
It’s always preferable to finish a side tale to earn additional leaves because finishing one will reward you with things like leaves.
- Sell Things You No Longer Need
If you already have superior weapons and equipment on hand, you may make money by selling goods you do not need, such as outdated equipment or guns. Use the other stuff you receive right away because some of them are solely intended for sale.
- Buy merchandise, weapons, and gear.
In a town, you may use leaves to pay for goods like medicine, armor, weapons, and accessories. Inns, which are also found in towns, may be utilized as a place to relax using leaves.
Defeat Octopuff Traveler and Cait
Unique enemies known as Octopuff Travelers can be discovered around the world. Octopuff Travelers come in a variety of variations, each with its own location, including Wasteland, Island, and Snowland varieties.
On the other hand, Caits are distinctive enemies that may be discovered everywhere on the map. Nonetheless, be ready since they are hard to hit, extremely rare to come across, and prone to escaping if you don’t dispatch them quickly enough.
They are extremely unusual to come across, so be ready. If you don’t kill them quickly enough, they’ll get away.
How to Defeat Octopuff Travelers and Cait
- If you level your travelers up sufficiently, killing an Octopuff Traveler can be simple. It would be advisable to farm for experience points so you’ll be fully prepared in killing them because having a high level often means greater attack and skills.
- Your stats will increase if you have stronger weaponry, and depending on the weapon you have equipped, this will result in somewhat or considerably more damage. Better armor is also a good idea because part of it increases your speed. Players that move quickly can frequently react quicker than their adversaries!
- Exploiting a Traveler’s vulnerabilities will allow you to breach an Octopuff and Cait’s shield. The enemy will be shocked, have decreased defense, and be immobile for one turn while they are in a break condition, so you can use this time to unleash your powerful assaults on them! While enemies are in this state, boost your attacks, spells, and talents to increase damage.
- A new gaming mechanic called Latent Power gives each character a potent, special skill. It is wise to use this mechanic when facing an Octopuff Traveler and Cait since it has latent abilities that may be used to access powerful and special skills, restore BP, change spells’ foci to one opponent to make it stronger, and many more.
Now you may begin playing Octopath Traveler 2 and finish the game. Get out there and begin your adventure. There are still extensive list of things we still need to learn and we will keep adding on this list. There is no end to this, so you should always be on the lookout for new tips and tricks to improve your game. If you’re interested in discovering new techniques for playing Octopath Traveler 2, keep an eye out for Electronic First.
Also if you’re interested in earning with Electronic First as soon as today, check out our affiliate program. You can share your link with friends, family or anyone. Sign up today to reap the rewards!